Hands-On Hope, established in 2015 in Amman, Jordan, is a local community service and humanitarian NGO providing critical support to those suffering from poverty and hardship. Hands-On Hope is comprised of Jordanian volunteers, students, and concerned individuals with a passion for helping the less-privileged, refugees and the poorest of the poor.
We are a non-profit charity with a board of directors and a team of dedicated volunteers. We collaborate with other local government recognized and registered charities to help expand and maximize our efforts to serve others and brief relief.
Hands-On Hope is committed to improving quality of life through initiatives and services that respond to community needs at the grassroots, regional, and national levels including sponsoring scholarships for underprivileged students; humanitarian assistance through food security in remote areas; and support to needy families caught in emergency situations, building KGs, water projects & agricultural projects.
Hands-On Hope is a Jordanian NGO (Non-Government Organization) registered in Amman, Jordan, that’s committed to improving quality of life through initiatives and services that respond to community needs at the grassroots, regional, and national levels by sponsoring scholarships for underprivileged students; humanitarian assistance through food security in remote areas; and support to needy families caught in emergency situations.
Our Goals are to provide
- University Scholarships for bright students, both University & Vocational College, with leadership potential, and soft-skills training for post-grad students to prepare them for entering the work force.
- Food Security for orphans and families suffering because of a lack of food and malnutrition in remote areas; and
- Family Assistance in the form of safe neighborhood kindergartens, and secure centers where adult women can learn the basics of trades that can help provide self-sustainable income for their families.
- Gardens for Kids, so children can learn the life-skill of growing their own food.
- Sewing centers where women can learn sewing skills & support themselves.
- Emergency aid for refugees.
Hands-On Hope values the collective and collaborative efforts of the community, and works to join forces to help solve the problems of poverty and suffering. Our founding values include:
- the Right to Education for children and adults, regardless of economic background;
- the need to build Respect toward all people regardless of background, race, color, or religion, and Human Dignity to help each individual feel his or her worth; and
- the requirement of Transparency in the pursuit of excellence and professionalism in all aspects of life.
Hands-On Hope strives as an organization and to carry a high standard of integrity regarding our projects, finances, resources, and intentions. We believe every person—man, woman, elder, and especially child—deserve to have their basic needs of shelter, food, and clothing, and the opportunity to live a safe life without fear … thus very person in Jordan is our mother, brother, or sister, and as such, it is our duty to help those in need in whatever way we can.
Hands-On Hope حفنة أمل
Registered as a charitable society with the Ministry of Social Development in Jordan
National number 3721. Registration number 2014011114816
Phone: 0787484445 Mail: P.O. Box 963228, Amman 11196, Jordan